The Iron Amulet and Binding Charms took Atticus 750 years to craft, bind and complete. The necklace is built around a central iron amulet forged from a cold iron meteorite. With the help of an Iron Elemental, Atticus bound the iron amulet to his aura providing him with protection from magical attacks. Iron is the antithesis of magic and it gives him a unique protective field against magic users and the Fae. Due to its alien origin, cold iron has no bond with the earth and is able to block or destroy magic better than iron found on earth would. Brought to you from the pages of Kevin Hearne's series, The Iron Druid Chronicles.
Details: The iron amulet is cast in actual iron and measures 32 mm in diameter and weighs 11 grams. The charms measure approximately 13 mm by 13 mm. The charms weigh 1.1 grams to 2.1 grams in sterling silver, 1.2 grams to 1.7 grams in pewter. The iron amulet and binding charms are hung on a 20" long stainless steel rolo chain. The chain measures 4 mm thick.
Charms Metal Options: Sterling Silver or Pewter.
Each of the ten charms on the necklace hold one of Atticus's most frequently used bindings or spells. While wearing the necklace, he is able to quickly cast those bindings.
- The Bear charm stores magical energy that Atticus can tap when he can not connect to the earth.
- The Stag, Wolfhound, Owl and Otter charms hold the bindings for shape-shifting to the forms of those animals. The Otter charm also allows Atticus to breathe underwater and works in conjunction with the iron amulet to protect him from selkies, sirens and the like.
- The Camouflage charm, a hammered silhouette, blends Atticus into his environment, but doesn't make him completely invisible.
- The Night Vision charm, a Celtic sun, increases the photo receptivity of Atticus's eyes allowing him to see in the dark.
- The Magical Sight or "faerie specks" charm, the third eye, allows him to see in the magical and supernatural spectrum, to see through Fae glamours and detect magic juju.
- The Healing charm, a Celtic healing well, blocks pain and accelerates healing.
- The Soul Catcher charm, a nine-pointed star, binds his soul to his body in the event of a fatal injury allowing his body to heal until he is able to resuscitate.
Note: Prolonged exposure to water or moisture will cause iron to rust. Rust can be removed from your iron medallion by rubbing it with cloth dipped in any form of vegetable oil.
Packaging: This item comes in a jewelry box with a card of authenticity.
Production: We are a made-to-order company. Your order will ship in 5 to 10 business days if the item is not in stock.
Atticus O'Sullivan is a character in the Iron Druid Chronicles book series © 2011 by Kevin Hearne. "Iron Druid Chronicles" and the characters and places therein, are trademarks of Kevin Hearne under license to Badali Jewelry. All Rights Reserved.
Best customer service around! Necklace is amazing and I have a hard time at this point picking which Badali Jewelry piece that I wear each day. Details on all the charms are spot on and the necklace itself if comfortable and fun to wear! Buy this and feel like a real Iron Druid! Could not be happier with my purchases
Amazing gift, it came just as expected and in beautiful condition
Mom was blown away
My mom was the one who introduced Dad and I to Iron Druid as a series, and so I’ve often turned to Badali Jewelry and its Iron Druid merch for gifts for her. When she opened this up and realized what necklace it was, and noticed all the details, she was stunned - I think she almost started tearing up!
I have wanted this for years. After buying many other Badali pieces I finally caved and bought it. I love it so much! It’s much more delicate than I thought it would be. I got the sterling charms instead of pewter, the detail on the charms is exquisite. I wear it all the time.
Necklace chain could be a bit better quality
Mostly good. I like the feel and quality of the Iron amulet. The Silver charms are beautiful and intricate with a rustic ancient style. The necklace sits around my neck with some minor scratching from the links in the chain. On closer inspection the links have little edges which are a bit rough. Otherwise a very handsome piece.
Hey Keith! If you'd like to send that back to us, we can replace it with one that isn't as rough! We are so glad you enjoy your piece. Thanks so much Badali Jewelry