When an Elemental introduces itself to a new druid, it presents the druid with a stone sphere. The stone sphere is a symbol of the Elemental itself, serves to connect the druid to the Elemental, the Elemental to the druid, and can be used by the druid as a focus while learning to anchor themselves in the different head spaces needed to speak with Gaia's spirits of biomes and other earthly elements. Elementals can be called upon by druids to perform favors and can even defend the druid when needed. Inspired by the Iron Druid Chronicles series by Kevin Hearne.
Details: The Locket is solid bronze and is made up of six Celtic triskele knots woven from newly budding branches. The triskele is a symbol of the foundation of the Celtic world - earth, sea, and sky. The locket opens so that the Elemental sphere can be held or changed for another. The Elemental Sphere pendant measures 35.5 mm top to bottom and 26.5 mm wide in diameter. It weighs 13.4 grams.
Finishing Options: Antiqued Bronze or Yellow Bronze.
Chain Options: 24" long stainless steel rope chain or 24" long gold plated steel rope chain. Additional chains are available on our accessories page.
Elemental Sphere Options: Sonora, Colorado, Olympia, Tasmania, or Ferris. One sphere is included in the price of the necklace, but additional spheres can be purchased for $19.00 each - click here to view.
- Sonora presents a piece of itself to Granuaile MacTiernan as a turquoise sphere. The Sonora marble is a turquoise colored howlite gemstone sphere.
- Colorado presents itself to Granuaile as a "whorled sphere of rough sandstone in a range of earth tones, kind of like a gas giant in miniature". The Colorado marble is a picture jasper gemstone sphere.
- Olympia presents itself to Granuaile as a white marble sphere. The Olympia marble is a white howlite gemstone sphere.
- Tasmania presents itself to Owen and his apprentices as a bright yellow-green sphere with droplets and veins of rich violet. The Tasmania marble is a ruby-zoisite gemstone sphere.
- Ferris presents itself to Granuaile as an iron marble sphere. The Ferris Elemental Sphere is represented by a solid Hematite gemstone sphere.
Packaging: This item comes packaged in a jewelry pouch with a card of authenticity.
Production: We are a made-to-order company. Your order will ship in 5 to 10 business days if the item is not in stock.
Atticus O'Sullivan and Granuaile MacTiernan are characters in the Iron Druid Chronicles book series © 2011 by Kevin Hearne. "Iron Druid Chronicles" and the characters and places therein, are trademarks of Kevin Hearne under license to Badali Jewelry. All Rights Reserved.
A lovingly faithful pendant, exactly as described in Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid series. Both delicate in design but hefty in construction, this locket is built to endure alongside the Druid who wears it. The Elemental sphere is nice and secure inside. I'll for certain be back to pick up a few more spheres!